If you’ve ever been tasked with organising your office’s next big event, you’ll know that it can seem like a mammoth task. There’s so much to consider, and it never involves simply planning the event; there’s always staff travel and accommodation to think of too.
That’s where the team at Absolute Venues Worldwide come in. We’re the experts in conference venue finding, and we can help you to choose a venue that suits your business and event perfectly. Whether that’s a hotel in the next city or a trip overseas to one of our many recommended corporate venues in Europe, we know the key things you should be looking out for.
Below, we’ve rounded up the top factors you need to consider when deciding on a venue for your business event. The list isn’t comprehensive, so if you have any questions or need further assistance feel free to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
You probably need to decide on a location first, as this determines other outcomes such as travel and accommodation for your staff.
- Is the venue close to public transport links and easily accessible by road?
- Is there suitable accommodation nearby?
- Is it close to restaurants and bars to allow your staff to socialise?
- Is the venue in a safe, quiet area?
The venue needs to be large enough to accommodate all your staff and provide a comfortable atmosphere.
- How many does the venue need to hold? Check that there’ll be enough seating capacity for all attending
- Is the layout suitable? Are you looking for a lecture theatre setup or a meeting room?
- Is the room large enough to allow delegates to be comfortable, not cramped?
- Is there space for the staff to network during the event?
A key part of planning your event is ensuring you stick to the budget, and so securing a venue that’s well within your price-range is crucial.
- Does the venue offer special rates or deals for corporate events?
- What do you get for the price (access to WiFi, refreshments etc.)
- How much is the deposit?
- Is there a booking fee?
Any venue you choose should meet the corporate needs of your business and ensure the productivity of your staff.
- Is the venue suitable for the tone of the meeting (e.g. a team-building meeting room laid out in a round table)
- Does the venue meet the company’s brand image?
- Will it give a good impression for your company?
The particular facilities you need will depend on the nature of your event, but you should ensure that at least your team’s basic needs will be catered for.
- Does the venue have reliable, free WiFi?
- Is there access to toilets?
- Is the venue accessible for disabled staff?
- Is there space to allow for separate meetings, group work and networking?
- Does the venue have enough parking spaces for all of your staff?
Most of these questions can be answered by a visit to the venue before booking. But, since that’s not always possible, you need to ensure you clear all of these things up in a phone call or email to the venue.
Alternatively, take the hassle out of locating the perfect venue and let us do it for you. Our business venue finding service is totally free, and we’ll work with you to ensure we understand everything about your business and what you need from your event venue.
Head to our Express Venue Finder to request a call back, and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect space for your event.